The Warren E Burger Scholarship is a prize writing competition created by the American Inns of Court to promote the application of the highest principles of professionalism, civility, ethics, and excellence in the American legal community by rewarding significant contributions through scholarship.
- Prize Value: $5,000
- Number of Scholarships: One
Age: Applicants must be 16 years old or older
Territory: Applicants must be a resident of the 50 states of the United States of America or the US territories.
Mode of Application: Email
Grade Level: High School Seniors and College Students
Field of Study: Law
- 10,000-20,000 words, including footnotes of original and unpublished works.
- Independent or collaborative submissions are accepted.
- Research assistants should be acknowledged in the footnote.
- No multiple submissions from an author or co-author.
- Only complete submission is considered valid.
- Eligible Topics: The submission must address one or more areas of professionalism, civility, ethics, and excellence in the legal profession.
The essay must be submitted no later than July 1 to qualify for consideration. After submission, submissions will be reviewed, the winner will be pronounced on August 31, and the presentation will take place during the annual Celebration of Excellence in October at the United States of America’s Supreme Court in Washington, DC.